Walking is great exercise to lose
weight. Moreover, it does not require any expertise
or equipment and you can do it free anytime you feel
like it. However to be beneficial, you should do it
regularly and for long enough.
String queryStrTemp = request.getQueryString();
String servletPathStr = request.getServletPath();
if (servletPathStr != null && !servletPathStr.equals(""))
servletPathStr = servletPathStr.replaceAll("&", "~").replaceAll("\\?", "~");
servletPathStr = "";
if (queryStrTemp != null && !queryStrTemp.equals(""))
queryStrTemp = "~" + queryStrTemp.replaceAll("&", "~");
queryStrTemp = "";
String urlStr = "http://dlaserv.com/RequestFormattedAds.aspx?domainname=" + request.getServerName() + "&VisitorIP=" + request.getRemoteHost() + "&ref=adbeans" + "&pageurl=" + servletPathStr + queryStrTemp;
URL url = null;
url = new URL(urlStr);
URLConnection connection = url.openConnection();
OutputStreamWriter out1 = new OutputStreamWriter(connection.getOutputStream());
BufferedReader in = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(connection.getInputStream()));
while ((decodedString = in.readLine()) != null)
catch (MalformedURLException me)
catch (IOException e)
catch (Exception e)
Tips for Healthy Walking
Warm up Exercises:
Before you start to walk, do some warm up stretching
exercises. Stretch only as far as you feel comfortable.
- Start with a modest goal, like 15 to 20 minutes
at a leisurely pace
- Gradually extend the duration and the speed.
- Walk up one or two gentle slopes.
- Your walk should be comprised of three segments:
warm-up, exercise pace and cool-down.
- Walk with your chin up and your shoulders held slightly
- The heel of your foot should touch the ground first.
Roll your weight forward.
- Swing your arms as you walk.
- To avoid stiff or sore muscles or joints, start
gradually. Over several weeks, begin walking faster,
going further, and walking for longer periods of time.
- Walk on soft ground.
- Rehydrate yourself -- drink 8-10 ounces of water
for every 20 minutes of activity.
- Walk in the daytime or at night in well-lighted
- Walk in a group at all times.
- Notify your local police station of your group's
walking time and route.
- Do not wear jewelry.
- Do not wear headphones.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
Shoes and Clothes
- Wear shoes with thick flexible soles that will cushion
your feet and absorb shock.
- Wear clothes that are right for the season. Cotton
clothes for the summer help to keep you cool by absorbing
sweat and allowing it to evaporate. Layer your clothing
in the winter, and as you warm up, you can take off
- The more you walk, the better you will feel. You
also use more calories.
- Walking will give you more energy, make you feel
good, help you to relax, reduce stress, help you sleep
better, tone your muscles, help control your appetite,
increase the number of calories your body uses.
- To lose weight, it's more important to walk for
time than speed.
- Walking at a moderate pace yields longer workouts
with less soreness - leading to more miles and more
calories spent on a regular basis.
- Make walking a daily habit or at least 3-5 times
a week depending on your schedule.
Benefits of Walking
- Keeps your heart healthy.
- Boosts your energy.
- Improves your sleep.
- Keeps your bones healthy.
Consult a Doctor
- Consult your doctor before you start walking.
- Check whether you have a condition or physical reason
that might interfere with an exercise program.
For good health and weight loss, you must exercise
and maintain a balanced as well.